Friday, April 26, 2013

Week 7- Top 10 Tech Tools I Can't Live Without

1.  iPad/ laptop- There is no way that I could survive, especially in the teaching world, if I did not have access to a computer or netbook.  I have become accustomed to being able to look up information anytime, anywhere, which was not an option back in the days of desktops and dial up.

2.  Social Networking- I am addicted. It is a problem.  I have been on Faceook since I was in college at Auburn (circa 2003).  I am now enjoying Twitter and Pinterest, which keeps me busy. 

3.  Prezi- I really enjoy this site as opposed to just using PowerPoint, which most of my students are bored with anyway. 

4.  Google Search Engine- This is an obvious choice.  I use this at least 10 times a day to find phone numbers, get directions, etc. 

5.  Skype/iChat- I live away from most of my friends and family, so iChat and Skype have become a way of life for me and my family. 

6. Blogger- I have been an avid blogger for the past three years.  I really enjoy it.  It is a great way for my family to keep up with all of the things going on with us and vice versa. 

7.  Delicious- What a great way to keep up with all the educational sites you find online?  I have really enjoyed referring to these websites throughout the semester. 

8.  Microsoft Office- As an English teacher, I use this daily. 

9.  Smartphone- I coud not live without my smartphone.  I tried to fight the smartphone craze when they first came out, but now that I have given in, I am ALL in.  I use my apps and Internet daily.

10. Jump Drive- If I were to lose my jump drive, I feel as though I would lose my life.  I have everything saved to it.  Luckily, my husband introduced me to the wonders of an external drive, so all of my information is backed up as well. 

2 comments:

  1. Pinterest is one of my very favorite hobbies! I'm indeed addicted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that google search and microsoft office is a must. I am also addicited to facebook.

    ReplyDelete