Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Week 1- Introduction


Hello everyone!  My name is Ashley Meadows. I am originally from the small North Alabama town of Moulton, Alabama. After graduating high school, I moved south to Auburn, Alabama, and recieved my Bachelor's of Science degree in Secondary Education and English Language Arts from Auburn University in 2007. My first teaching experience was at Opelika High School, where I taught ninth and tenth grade English, and was a sponsor and coach of various organizations and sporting events. While teaching at OHS, I married my husband, Steven, who had just finished up his Master's degree at Auburn. After my third year of teaching at Opelika High, my husband and I moved to New Bern, North Carolina for his new job. While living in North Carolina, I taught tenth and eleventh grade English at West Craven High School, and was also blessed to have my first child, a boy named Sawyer. During my second year of teaching, my husband was granted a transfer to Thomasville, Alabama, which is where we currently reside. I am a Christian and am an involved member at Thomasville Baptist Church.  I am currently teaching ninth and twelfth grade English at Clarke County High School in Grove Hill, Alabama. I have always loved teaching as well as working with other educators. I am enrolled in the Instructional Leadership Master's program at UWA and hope to graduate next May. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Ashley! I live in Decatur, so I am very familiar with Moulton. Looking forward to reading your posts this semester! Enjoy the class!
    Rebecca McKnight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley, I am from Mississippi. I see that you lived in New Bern North Carolina. I also lived in the Carolina. I actually graduated from East Carolina University in Greenville North Carolina. I lived in Asheville NC as well. Good Luck with the class!

    ReplyDelete